Fall 2023 Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion – Civic & Community Engagement (JEDI-CCE) Institute
November 2 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
“Cultivating Campus Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
in the Post-Affirmative Action Era”
Join colleagues from across the region to discuss strategies for cultivating campus justice, equity, diversity, & inclusion (JEDI) in the aftermath of the SFFA v. Harvard & UNC Supreme Court decision with a panel of experts and engaging cross-campus discussions.
Overview: Teams from participating institutions will engage with the JEDI-CCE Institutionalization Rubric to assess particular challenges to JEDI culture in the post-affirmative action era. Additionally, campus teams will apply and further explore information and best practices related to ongoing efforts to expand JEDI programs and initiatives in conversation with colleagues from other colleges and universities throughout a day of engaging exercises and planning
– Opportunity to engage with our diverse membership which includes public, private, 2- and 4-year colleges and universities, including many HBCUs and minority-serving institutions, with both urban and rural representation
– Develop proactive strategies for promoting JEDI within a changing political and cultural landscape
– Continue with self-evaluation of campus progress towards the goals of the JEDI-CCE Institutionalization Rubric
Suggested team members:
– Civic and Community Engagement Director/Team member
– Campus DEI Representative(s)
– Senior Advisory Group for Engagement (SAGE) member
– Faculty development representative
– Community Partner representative
– Student representative
– Institutional research representative
Other positions to consider including:
– MSCHE liaison representative
– Senior staff/cabinet members (VPSA, Provost, VP of Communications, Advancement, etc.)
Registration Process: A point-of-contact from each campus team will register their institution and all members of their campus team. This point-of-contact will pay the Institute fee and add the names and contact information of all members of their team. Please note that you will have the option to add between 4-8 team members on the registration form. If you do not include 8 guests from your campus in your registration, simply skip over the remaining number of guest registrations requested. To make the registration process easier, we suggest you collect the names, position/titles, email addresses, phone numbers (you may use the same phone number for all team members), and any food allergies / dietary restrictions of all team members before starting the process.
The registration deadline will be Thursday, October 19 by 5pm. If you have questions about the registration form or the Institute, please contact Assistant Director Zandra Cuff at email@example.com.
– Campus Team (member rate): $250/institution (4-8 people)
– Campus Team (non-member rate): $500/institution (4-8 people)