- This event has passed.
Spring 2023 JEDI-CCE Institute at Delaware State University
March 2, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Join Transform Mid-Atlantic and campuses throughout the region at Delaware State University for our Spring 2022 JEDI-CCE Institute on Thursday, March 2 from 9:00am-3:30pm!
As Transform Mid-Atlantic continues its efforts to strengthen and advance justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) across the region, through the means of civic and community engagement (CCE), we recognize the unique opportunity higher education has in harnessing its collective resources and capacity towards these efforts. This includes continuing to support our member institutions in having conversations around their current work to advance JEDI-CCE on their campus and in their communities. Through the work of teams, campuses will have an opportunity to look at what, if any, initiatives, and programming are being offered around JEDI-CCE, to assess and evaluate their current JEDI-CCE/DEI initiatives and programming and to develop an action plan for their own campus and community partnerships. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided by Delaware State University.
Transform Mid-Atlantic will hold a day long institute that will consist of an opening “framing” of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI), particularly where it intersects with civic and community engagement and campus-community partnerships. Each institution will register campus teams of 4-8 people and work in small groups for the majority of the institute. Utilizing the JEDI-CCE Institutionalization Rubric, team members will reflect on what they have learned, develop an action plan, and report out at the end of the session. We strongly recommend campus teams meet together at least once prior to the Institute, to generate a richer discussion.
Campus teams will develop an action plan for their own campus and community partnerships
Participants will use the JEDI-CCE Institutionalization Rubric to strengthen existing practices at their campus
Participants will reflect on what they have been learning and set measurable goals for the 2022-2023 year.
Suggested team members:
- Civic and Community Engagement Director/team Members
- Campus DEI Representative(s)
- Senior Advisory Group for Engagement (SAGE) member
- Faculty development representative
- Community Partner representative
- Student representative
- Institutional research representative
- Other positions to consider including:
- MSCHE liaison representative
- Senior staff/cabinet members (VPSA, Provost, VP of Communications, Advancement, etc.)
A single contact or point person will register their institution by Friday, February 10. That point of contact will then receive an email prompting them to gather and register their campus team of 4-8 people from the suggested positions above by Wednesday, February 15. Please click on the registration button below in order to register your institution and pay for your team. Once that is complete, you will be sent a link at which you can register your team of 4-8 people at a later date.
Campus Team (member rate) – $250/institution (4-8 people)
Campus Team (non-member rate) – $500/institution (4-8 people)
Please be prepared to bring the following documents:
- Institution’s Strategic Plan
- Institution’s DEI Action Plan (if available)
- Organizational Chart
- Institution’s Civic Action Plan (or Civic Engagement plan, or Strategic Plan for the Center for Civic Engagement, if your institution has such a document)
- Position descriptions for each member of the team (and, ideally, access to position descriptions for other roles on campus)
- Optional Materials: MSCHE Self-Study (if available)